Microsoft recently announced its new milestones for its chat-based collaboration solution team. The new milestones were announced on the occasion of second anniversary of its release, according to reports.
“Over the past two years, Teams has grown significantly in both new capabilities and customer usage, as the hub for teamwork that brings people together and fosters a culture of engagement and inclusion,” Microsoft 365 general manager Lori Wright notes. “We’re unveiling eight new capabilities in Teams that make collaboration more inclusive, effective, and secure.”
A report confirms that more than 500,000 organizations are using Microsoft’s chat-based collaboration solution and these include 91 of the Fortune 100 companies too. Microsoft’s product is available across 181 markets in 44 languages and the company is planning to provide support in nine additional languages including Tamil, Marathi, Gujarati, Hindi, Filipino, Bengali, Telugu, Kannada, and Malayalam.
Today, Microsoft highlighted following new features that the team is working and is about to arrive soon:
- Microsoft will provide green screen-like backgrounds for video chat. These backgrounds will be customized by the team itself.
- To make USB cameras capture whiteboard images and text, Microsoft will provide support to its Intelligent Capture technologies. Besides this, the firm will also provide support to Microsoft Whiteboard to make in-person attendees also contribute.
- Microsoft team will also provide Live captions so that people who are deaf or hard of hearing can also use the platform.
- Company is also focusing on secure private channels. This will limit the content to the right audience and will overrule the requirement of separate teams regarding the concern.
- To automatically detect and protect sensitive information Microsoft will introduce Data Loss Prevention (DLP) in chats and conversations.
- Live and on-demand events in Microsoft 365 with support for up to 10,000 participants